Steps to Success honors the contributions and commitment of community members in Montbello with the Positive Recognition Community Awards.
These awards are given to recognize the small acts of kindness and responsibility people make every day for their friends, families, schools and neighbors.
Do you know someone who should be recognized? We rely on community members like you to identify possible recipients of the Steps to Success Positive Recognition Community Awards.
Nominate someone who has positively impacted your life for an award in one of the following categories:
- Community Service Award: This award goes to a Montbello youth who engages in volunteerism and/or is encouraging and supportive to others. Examples include: helping a new student, assisting a teacher after class, or taking initiative to organize a food or clothing drive.
- Great Neighbor Award: This award goes to a Montbello youth who makes their neighborhood better with small acts of kindness or responsibility. Examples include: closing a nearby garage door, helping a neighbor with lawn care/snow removal, or checking in on a sick neighbor.
- Celebration of Growth Award: This award goes to a Montbello youth who has exhibited consistent growth. Examples include: improved grades, positive changes in attitude, or taking on extra responsibilities.
- Unsung Hero Award: This award goes to a Montbello community member who makes extraordinary contributions by putting their needs aside to help others in our community. Examples include: Regularly donating their time, talent or resources to the community, or consistently working to better the neighborhood in some way.
- Steps to Success Volunteer of the Year Award: This award goes to a Montbello community member who has demonstrated outstanding service to the community and Steps to Success project through consistent or standout participation in Steps to Success boards or committees.
- Program Implementation Standout Award: This award goes to a Montbello community member who has gone above and beyond in organizing, planning and/or implementing a Steps to Success program.